Change Management, from an organizational perspective, facilitates adoption of new systems and processes; a structured approach better ensures that changes are smoothly and completely implemented.
- Using a structured approach with layered project ownership better ensures that changes are smoothly and completely implemented.
- Increasing Buy-In throughout the enterprise increases effectiveness.
- Expected results are clearly communicated.
- Stakeholder engagement is assessed.
- Formal and informal change agents are identified and leveraged.
- Providing for emotional responses improves change adoption results; most teams accept changes that make sense and improve their job or business results.
- Embracing the organization’s unique emotional energy customizes each project; change management activities that were effective with one group may be ineffective with another.
- Incorporating team tasks and skill development activities facilitates that changes will be accepted.
- Reinforcing change with rewards and consequences is essential as is developing performance plans with specific and measurable steps in the direction of change.